Byron Bay is one of the Australia’s top tourist destinations. Besides our world famous beaches, we have one of the most scenic and varied landscapes in Australia. The shire’s small historic towns situated amidst subtropical settings makes Byron Bay a popular destination for cyclists. Our social ride page has some routes and towns you may wish to explore on your own, otherwise you may like to join our friendly club training rides.
Safety is paramount to our riders and we want you to enjoy and share your experiences safely. If you plan to join our club rides its important that you:
- Have the right equipment – no aero bars
- Are experienced in bunch riding
- Have the relevant fitness level associated with the ride listed.
- Be familiar with our ride etiquette listed in our Tips.
If you are local to the area please feel free to join our rides however we would prefer regular riders to support our club and become a member. We need local membership to be relevant and be represented in the community. The club are continually representing the interests and safety concerns of cyclists within the community.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR JUNIORS:
- Juniors must be on restricted gears for all rides and races. This includes competition in adult races. It is the responsibility of the Junior to check their roll out prior to an event. The Commissaire has the discretion to check a roll out before and/or after an event. See CA Gearing Information
- Juniors are required to be in the care of a responsible adult during training and rides unless a CA accredited coach is present.
- If the Club cannot provide a Child Protection Officer during training or races, a parent or guardian must be present at all times.